Re: Can vim be made to start with selected files already open?

  • Michael Henry
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 28, 2012
      On 06/21/2012 12:30 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
      > I take it cloning the icon and changing the command line
      > assumes that vim [MacVim] is being started from terminal?

      No, what I meant is that you can make a copy of the desktop icon
      that you normally click on to launch Vim, and then tailor that
      icon by adjusting the command-line parameters that the icon
      internally specifies for Vim. Then, when you click on the new
      icon, Vim will start with the set of files you prefer. The
      details of how to copy a desktop icon and make modifications to
      the command-line parameters contained within will have to be
      supplied by a Mac user or a good book or online resource about
      Macs.

      Michael Henry

    • Michael Henry
      Message 42 of 42 , Jun 28, 2012