Dynamically augment existing syntax at a position on screen

  • richard emberson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2012
      I've got a file with syntax highlighting.
      What I'd like to be able to do, at any give line&column
      character position on the screen which has a current
      syntax highlighting scheme is to augment the highlighting
      via a command/function at that one place, say, by
      adding an underline at that point.
      Is it possible (easy or hard) to do this?

      Thanks
      Richard

      --
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2012
        On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 5:35:39 PM UTC-5, Richard wrote:
        > I've got a file with syntax highlighting.
        > What I'd like to be able to do, at any give line&column
        > character position on the screen which has a current
        > syntax highlighting scheme is to augment the highlighting
        > via a command/function at that one place, say, by
        > adding an underline at that point.
        > Is it possible (easy or hard) to do this?

        :he :match
        :he matchadd()

        (for line/column matches, see :he /\%l and :he /\%c)

        Or possibly: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2208