Compiling Vim 7.3 on Red Hat Entreprise Linux 6.3

  • velvia
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5 7:36 AM

      I would like to compile vim 7.3 on RHEL 6.3. I have downloaded the
      source code and compiled it with:

      ./configure —with-features=huge

      Everything works well so far except that the delete key is not working
      anymore in insert mode. It works perfectly with the vim that ships
      with Red Hat.

      Any idea on what went wrong?

      Best regards,
      François

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5 11:58 AM
        On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:36:32 AM UTC-5, velvia wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I would like to compile vim 7.3 on RHEL 6.3. I have downloaded the
        > source code and compiled it with:
        >
        > ./configure —with-features=huge
        >
        > Everything works well so far except that the delete key is not working
        > anymore in insert mode. It works perfectly with the vim that ships
        > with Red Hat.
        >
        > Any idea on what went wrong?

        Maybe take a look at :help :fixdel