Re: XIM Input Method for Motif Gvim

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
      Hi Tony!

      On So, 03 Jun 2012, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

      > On 03/06/12 02:51, Chris Jones wrote:
      > >On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 03:01:12PM EDT, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > >
      > >[..]

      > >Regarding (3) above, I forgot to mention that there is an
      > >imdisable/noimdisable boolean option.
      > >
      > >But I guess you have already tried that..?
      >
      > Yes, see also:
      > :help 'imdisable'
      > :help 'iminsert'
      > :help CTRL-^

      I guess, you meant :h i_CTRL-^ and thanks, that works. Bram, I suggest
      to put a link to these help topics below :h xim

      I am still wondering, why the Motif GUI enables the X Input Method.
      Although IME and Multibyte feature seem to be independent of each other,
      it doesn't sound to be reasonable to enable the first, while the latter
      is completely unsupported.

      regards,
      Christian