Re: caps lock

  • Michael van Schaik
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      Op vrijdag 1 juni 2012 10:04:35 UTC+2 schreef sinbad het volgende:
      > how to turn on/off the caps lock while in insert mode.
      > i want to turn off the caps lock while leaving out of the insert mode.
      > how can i do that. i googled first, didn't get any convincing answer.

      Hi Sinbad,

      Check out this article: http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Avoid_the_escape_key it links to two seperate instructions for remapping the Caps Lock to Esc for different environments. Maybe this will help you to get to what you want.

      Good luck.

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        On Friday, June 1, 2012 3:04:35 AM UTC-5, sinbad wrote:
        > how to turn on/off the caps lock while in insert mode.
        > i want to turn off the caps lock while leaving out of the insert mode.
        > how can i do that. i googled first, didn't get any convincing answer.

        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Insert-mode_only_Caps_Lock

        I think it solves some of the problems brought up by the others in this thread.