Re: caps lock

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      On 06/01/12 04:11, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > If you find a way, to turn on/off caps-lock via a script, you could call
      > that script from an InsertEnter/Leave autocommand.

      Just a caveat that InsertLeave doesn't execute if you're leaving
      Insert mode via control+C

      -tim

    • Michael van Schaik
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        Op vrijdag 1 juni 2012 10:04:35 UTC+2 schreef sinbad het volgende:
        > how to turn on/off the caps lock while in insert mode.
        > i want to turn off the caps lock while leaving out of the insert mode.
        > how can i do that. i googled first, didn't get any convincing answer.

        Hi Sinbad,

        Check out this article: http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Avoid_the_escape_key it links to two seperate instructions for remapping the Caps Lock to Esc for different environments. Maybe this will help you to get to what you want.

        Good luck.

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
          On Friday, June 1, 2012 3:04:35 AM UTC-5, sinbad wrote:
          > how to turn on/off the caps lock while in insert mode.
          > i want to turn off the caps lock while leaving out of the insert mode.
          > how can i do that. i googled first, didn't get any convincing answer.

          http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Insert-mode_only_Caps_Lock

          I think it solves some of the problems brought up by the others in this thread.