Visual-block Insert text from clipboard

  • oversky
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2012
      In Visual-block Insert operation,
      is it possible to insert text from register or clipboard to all
      selected lines?

      I use mswin.vim, so I press <C-Q> and select some lines.
      Second, I press I for Visual-block Insert operation.
      Then, I press <C-V> and paste text from clipboard.
      The text is pasted to the first selected line,
      Finally, I press <Esc> to quit Visual-block Insert operation,
      but the text does not copy to other lines I have selected.

    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2012
        oversky wrote:
        > In Visual-block Insert operation,
        > is it possible to insert text from register or clipboard to
        > all selected lines?
        >
        > I use mswin.vim, so I press <C-Q> and select some lines.
        > Second, I press I for Visual-block Insert operation.
        > Then, I press <C-V> and paste text from clipboard.
        > The text is pasted to the first selected line, Finally, I
        > press <Esc> to quit Visual-block Insert operation, but the
        > text does not copy to other lines I have selected.

        Press Ctrl-Q (or Ctrl-V if haven't mapped it) to start visual
        block selection. Then I for block insert. Then press Ctrl-R
        (insert register contents), followed by a letter for the
        register you want to insert. That would be + or * for your
        example.

        John

      • oversky
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2012
          Thank you. This works for me.
          I check index.txt again.
          This key mapping is not shown in visual mode part.
          So it never come it my mind that I can do this.