Re: [SOLVED] Re: silent background execute program cause Vim screen text disappear.

  • John Little
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2012
      On Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:48:00 PM UTC+12, miles christopher wrote:
      > I just press "Enter" on link directly.

      Just pressing "Enter" in vim doesn't call functions; you must be using a plugin that maps the Enter key, perhaps a filetype plugin that vim has loaded automatically. I was trying to find out about that, some vim code somewhere must be calling your function.

      John Beckett said:

      >In Linux, you need to append '&'.
      >Try adding the following after the shellescape():
      > . '&'

      oops, I should have thought of that. I already had firefox open, so running firefox again just passed the URL on to the existing firefox without a problem.

      Regards, John Little