Re: where can I download vimtips.txt

  • lith
    Message 1 of 14 , May 8, 2012
      Am Sonntag, 6. Mai 2012 11:02:05 UTC+2 schrieb 鹏 左:
      > I added a plugin called totd.vim which will show me a tip a day when launch vim, but I don't know where to download vimtips.txt. I went to Vim Tips Wiki but still can't find where to download it, any one knows. Many thanks!

      I wrote a small ruby script that converts a wikia xml dump, which can be downloaded from http://wikistats.wikia.com/v/vi/vim/pages_current.xml.gz, to vim help format: https://github.com/tomtom/vimtips2help.rb

      Maybe that's of some help for you.

      Regards

    • 鹏 左
      Message 2 of 14 , May 9, 2012
        在 2012年5月8日星期二UTC+8下午2时10分57秒,Tony Mechelynck写道:
        > On 08/05/12 06:23, John Beckett wrote:
        > >> I'm using win7.
        > >
        > > I don't think it would be very useful, but *if* you can find a
        > > text-browser for Windows, you could construct a short script
        > > based on ViewHtmlText at:
        > > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Preview_current_HTML_file
        > >
        > > to read a text version of a random tip from:
        > > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
        > >
        > > Or, just open the above link in a browser with:
        > > :silent ! start http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
        > >
        > > Some better-than-average tips are here:
        > > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki:Featured_Tip
        > >
        > > I got tired of doing all the work to produce monthly featured
        > > tips after April 2011, but browsing the above might be useful.
        > >
        > > John
        > >

        > The Lynx text browser is available for Windows, see
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(web_browser)#External_links
        >

        > Best regards,
        > Tony.
        > --
        > Don't cook tonight -- starve a rat today!

        OMG, that's too difficult for me to use!
        Thanks anyway.

      • 鹏 左
        Message 3 of 14 , May 9, 2012
          在 2012年5月9日星期三UTC+8上午4时00分24秒,lith写道:
          > Am Sonntag, 6. Mai 2012 11:02:05 UTC+2 schrieb 鹏 左:
          > > I added a plugin called totd.vim which will show me a tip a day when launch vim, but I don't know where to download vimtips.txt. I went to Vim Tips Wiki but still can't find where to download it, any one knows. Many thanks!
          >
          > I wrote a small ruby script that converts a wikia xml dump, which can be downloaded from http://wikistats.wikia.com/v/vi/vim/pages_current.xml.gz, to vim help format: https://github.com/tomtom/vimtips2help.rb
          >
          > Maybe that's of some help for you.
          >
          > Regards

          That's really handy, thank you lith.

          Regards