Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: motion t} does not work

Expand Messages
  • Christian Brabandt
    ... The plugin ft_improved http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3877 does this, unfortunately, it doesn t work with the yankring plugin. regards,
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      On Mi, 02 Mai 2012, A Loumiotis wrote:
      > For example if the cursor is between d and e on the next two lines
      >
      > abc{def
      > ghijkl}mn
      >
      > I would like to figure out a quick way for Vim to select
      >
      > 'ef
      > ghijkl'

      The plugin ft_improved
      http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3877
      does this, unfortunately, it doesn't work with the yankring plugin.

      regards,
      Christian

      --
      You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
    • A Loumiotis
      ... Thanks Christian. That s exactly what I was looking for! -- You received this message from the vim_use maillist. Do not top-post! Type your reply below
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        > On Mi, 02 Mai 2012, A Loumiotis wrote:
        >> For example if the cursor is between d and e on the next two lines
        >>
        >> abc{def
        >> ghijkl}mn
        >>
        >> I would like to figure out a quick way for Vim to select
        >>
        >> 'ef
        >> ghijkl'
        >
        > The plugin ft_improved
        > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3877
        > does this, unfortunately, it doesn't work with the yankring plugin.
        >
        > regards,
        > Christian
        >
        > --
        > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
        > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        Thanks Christian. That's exactly what I was looking for!

        --
        You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
      • Ben Fritz
        ... Use a / search. -- You received this message from the vim_use maillist. Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to. For more
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:33:15 AM UTC-5, runner wrote:
          > Thank you for your help John.
          > Your example does work.
          >
          > I now realize that t{char} is a line motion. I thought (wrongly) it
          > was looking for the first matching character to the right or below
          > where the cursor is.
          >
          > Is there a way to quickly select all text starting from the current
          > position of the cursor to the specified character even if the
          > specified character is not on the same line?
          >

          Use a / search.

          --
          You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        • Chris Lott
          ... Or EasyMotion: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3526 c -- Chris Lott -- You received this message from the vim_use
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
            > On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:33:15 AM UTC-5, runner wrote:
            >>
            >> Is there a way to quickly select all text starting from the current
            >> position of the cursor to the specified character even if the
            >> specified character is not on the same line?
            >>
            >
            > Use a / search.

            Or EasyMotion: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3526

            c
            --
            Chris Lott <chris@...>

            --
            You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
            Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.