Can Vim remember modes when switching between tabs?

  • Andrei Zmievski
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2012
      I originally noticed this in MacVim, but turns out this happens in the
      terminal as well. If you have two tabs open and enter the Insert mode
      in one, then switch to the other tab (by clicking on it in GUI, for
      example), the Insert mode is still active. This wreaks havoc when I'm
      editing something and want to quickly switch to the other tab to
      search/look up/etc, because the Normal mode keystrokes get inserted
      into the buffer.

      Any workarounds for this?