Re: Building Win 7 vim with support for 64 bit perl

  • Linda W
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27 12:42 PM
      Sergey Khorev wrote:
      Has anyone successfully built Vim for Windows 7 with support for 64 bit
      perl? �It would be nice if VIM were 64 bit, but 32 bit VIM is OK; �embedded
      perl must be 5.12 64 bit.

      32bit application cannot use 64bit dll. Here is x64 Vim built with
      ActivePerl 5.12.4.1205:
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27071670/gvim-7.3.480.x64.dynperl-5.12.4.1205.zip

      Dang if I didn't transpose those and download 5.14.2...

      Is there a reason why it can't be made a bit more general?

      I know on *nix, when you 'dlopen a lib, you can look at the version and
      the calls available' and config yourself to the version you have loaded.

      Is that not possible in windows?  Sorta defeats the purpose of **dynamic**,
      runtime linking -- if it is really "static", delayed linking...?

      Any chance of getting it updated for Active state's current release rather than
      one that will be obsolete in a few weeks (5.16 will be out and @ 2 releases
      behind , 5.12 will be in line for retirement...)...

      (Any chance of me getting it to build with Off-the-shelf, non-proprietary tools without it being a major project??)