Re: Indenting/formating

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25, 2012
      On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:58:23 AM UTC-5, Michael Henry wrote:
      > On 04/25/2012 03:26 AM, John Beckett wrote:
      > > Gautier DI FOLCO wrote:
      > >> I known this page but I would go further : the equal sign
      > >> must have a space before and after, [...]
      > >
      > > I don't think Vim is suitable for that.
      >
      > For a tool outside of Vim, you might like "uncrustify":
      > http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/
      >
      > It has hundreds of options to match a wide variety of styles,
      > and it does a good job of parsing and reformatting source code.

      If you do find an external tool you like, you can invoke it from within Vim to replace the built-in format and/or indent commands.

      See :help 'formatprg' and :help 'equalprg'. I'd suggest 'formatprg' for heavy-duty formatting like adding whitespace within lines or moving text between lines, and 'equalprg' for more lightweight indentation stuff.