Re: the files can not open

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2012
      > Hi everyone , tonight I found something puzzled.
      > I use the command sentence :sed 's/Too/Too much/w>> a.txt'
      > quote.txt
      > to deal with quote.txt file ;
      > at last there a file with name ">>a.txt" ;
      > so I want to open it to see what is in it.
      > but i can not open;

      I think you'd have to explicitly copy what you typed; where you
      typed it; what you got back; and what you want it to do. Vim
      doesn't have a ":sed" command. Possibilities are that you want
      to issue

      :e quote.txt
      :g/Too/s//Too much/|.w >> a.txt

      or perhaps

      :e quote.txt
      :w !sed 's/Too/Too much/;w a.txt'

      or possibly

      :! sed 's/Too/Too much/' quote.txt >>a.txt

      (that last one is the same as just executing that command on the
      command-line)

      which you can read about at

      :help :w_c
      :h :w_a

      If you give a clearer picture of what you want to do (and why you
      want to bring sed into the picture instead of doing everything in
      vim), other solutions might manifest.

      -tim