Re: amendments to colorscheme

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2012
      On 2012-04-12, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
      > On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:57:41 -0700 (PDT)
      > Ben Fritz wrote:
      >
      > >On Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:56:23 AM UTC-5, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I normally edit the colorscheme file directly
      > >>

      > >By the way, this only applies to colorschemes in my $HOME directory.
      > >If I want to edit one distributed with Vim I always copy it there
      > >first.
      >
      > Of couse. ;)
      >
      > Going a bit off a tangent here: if global variables are used in
      > scripts, how do you make sure that there are no duplicate variable
      > names between different plugins?

      I think the usual method has been to use the script name without the
      .vim extension, followed by an underscore, followed by the
      particular variable name. For example, syntax/sh.vim uses g:sh_isk
      and g:sh_noisk. Unfortunately, that same script also uses
      g:is_kornshell and others which I think should really be
      g:sh_is_kornshell, etc.

      Even that doesn't absolutely guarantee that there will be no
      collisions, but it's probably good enough.

      Regards,
      Gary