how to pass a visual block as argument to the Toggle plugin (or any other plugin)

  • Jose Caballero
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2012
      Hi,

      this is actually a more generic question, but we can use the Toggle plugin as example.
      I apologize in advance if it is a very simple question, or already asked many times.

      I have found this plugin called Toogle:  http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=895

      I have modified it to allow other conversions to fit my particular needs.
      Actually, my version accept a series of words to be changed in a round-robin fashion.
      We can say it replaces "value1" by "value2", and "value2" by "value3", ....., "valueN-1" by "valueN", and finally "valueN" by "value1" to close the circle.

      Let's say now I have a file like this:

      x = value1
      y = value1
      z = value1

      And I want to change all those "value1" by "value2".
      How could I modify the Toggle plugin in such a way I can select the column in visual mode (C-v) and call the plugin for all lines at the same time?

      Thanks a lot in advance,
      Jose