Re: Two Fold-Related Questions

  • lindsay
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29 10:17 AM
      On Friday, February 17, 2012 2:08:13 AM UTC-8, Marc van Dongen wrote:
      * Christian Brabandt  [2012-02-17 10:25:47 +0100]:

      Hi Christian,

      : I think, you almost get what you want, if you set
      : :set foldopen-=block
      : This will make the { movements not open the folds. But it won't move to
      : before the closed fold, but stays on the closed fold, where the
      : paragraph is.

      Perfect. Seems to do exactly what I want.

      : > The second question has got to do with ``entering'' a fold. Years ago
      : > I used an occam folding editor that let you enter a fold. Basically,
      : > this let you edit the contents of the fold in a fresh screen. You
      : > could only edit what was outside the fold if you left the fold. Is
      : > there an equivalent of this facility in vim? (I read the manual pages
      : > but I may have missed this.)
      :
      : Not exactly possible. Use one of the many NarrowRegion plugins
      : available, e.g. my NrrwRgn
      : http://www.vim.org/scripts/ script.php?script_id=3075
      : which opens a selected range of lines in a new buffer and marks the
      : original buffer non-modifiable.

      Thanks. I may see if I can implement it myself.

      Regards,

      Marc van Dongen

      Entering a fold (occam style) is supported by a package by Mario Schweigler

      http://www.informatico.de/kent-vim-ext/index-plain.php

      Works very well. Hard to imagine life without it.