Pipe current buffer to external command without redrawing current screen?

  • suan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2012

      I've been piping the current buffer to an external script like this:
      silent! exec "silent! write! !some-script &>/dev/null &"

      And it works, but its very annoying because the status bar at the bottom of the current Vim session (I use laststatus=2) and the tildes at the bottom of the window blink everytime that is called. Is there a way to pipe the current buffer to an external command without having the screen redraw like that?