Re: SV: Completing a column name with sqlcomplete and dbext

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2012
      On 1/30/2012 6:50 AM, Jonas Enberg wrote:

      > Thanks but v. 11 yields the same results. It's odd because pressing
      > <C-C>c directly after inputting the table name will bring up a list of
      > all columns and insert the first column of that list. If you delete
      > this column name and start typing, the list shows available columns as
      > you type. Typing part of a column name and pressing <C-C>c to bring up
      > the list doesn't work however. Jonas Enberg

      I think we can take this off list, so please just respond back to me
      (both plugins author for other peoples benefit).

      Can you show me the output from the following commands:
      :DBCompleteTables
      dbext: Executing SQL at 12:07
      Table dictionary created
      Press ENTER or type command to continue

      :set dictionary?
      dictionary=C:\Windows\Temp\VIJABB8.tmp

      Mine has data like this:
      Application
      ApplicationDel
      ApplicationInstallType
      ApplicationOSMap
      ApplicationOSStatus

      Start a new empty line, hit <C-C>t
      This should show the omni completion window with the values from
      C:\Windows\Temp\VIJABB8.tmp

      Now, given my first entry in the .tmp file, add that to the blank line:
      Application

      In insert mode, at the end of "Application", hit <C-C>c, to trigger
      column completion.
      In my case, the omni window has these entries in it:
      AppID
      CompanyID
      AppStatusID
      AppTypeID
      AppInstallTypeID
      AppStatusDate
      AppName
      AppDesc
      InstallChannelSetName
      UninstallChannelSetName
      AppPkgReference
      AppPkgFilename
      AppProvisioningFilename
      GroupID
      AppNameAfaria
      LastModified
      CreatedTime
      Category

      Hit undo, and go back to Application.
      Add a . to the end of the word and hit <C-C>c.
      In my case, the omni window has the same column values, but in this
      case, the window instead of replacing "Application", now has
      "Application.AppID".

      Now, if I create a new line with the following:
      SELECT * FROM Application a WHERE a.

      And with the cursor in insert mode after the ending ".", and I press
      <C-C>c, once again, the omni list has the same column values and AppID
      is shown:
      SELECT * FROM Application a WHERE a.AppID

      If you follow these same procedure can you let me know where things differ.

      Thanks,
      Dave