Re: compiling 7.3+ with the conceal option

  • Phil Dobbin

      On 02/02/2012 20:03, Dominique Pellé wrote:

      [...]

      > I don't think that works. I build Vim (huge) as follows:
      >
      > $ cd vim
      > $ hg pull
      > $ hg up
      > $ ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-gui=gnome2
      > $ make
      >
      > According to ":help +feature-list", the +conceal feature is
      > enabled in Vim big (and thus also in Vim huge).

      Hi, Dominique.

      On which version of Linux do you build Vim like so (I'm speculating as
      to it being Linux)?

      Cheers,

      Phil...

      - --
      But masters, remember that I am an ass.
      Though it be not written down,
      yet forget not that I am an ass.

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
        On Feb 2, 2:03 pm, Dominique Pellé <dominique.pe...@...> wrote:

        > > I think you do this with something like:
        >
        > > make FEATURES=BIG
        >
        > I don't think that works.

        Works for me on Windows in MinGW.

        > I build Vim (huge) as follows:
        >
        > $ cd vim
        > $ hg pull
        > $ hg up
        > $ ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-gui=gnome2
        > $ make

        But my Ubuntu machine won't boot at the moment so I can't log in there
        to look at my notes for building on Linux.

        > According to ":help +feature-list", the +conceal feature is
        > enabled in Vim big (and thus also in Vim huge).

        Yes, I build with huge myself...but I know big also contains it, hence
        my suggestion.