Delete intervening wnitespace (and CR) between words

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
      Given this:

      Sheets

      Sheets of gold

      Is there an efficient way to delete the intervening white space and
      CRs between the 'Sheets' to end up with

      Sheets Sheets of gold

      ?

      Chris Lott <chris@...>

    • Reid Thompson
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
        On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 07:43 -0900, Chris Lott wrote:
        > Given this:
        >
        > Sheets
        >
        > Sheets of gold
        >
        > Is there an efficient way to delete the intervening white space and
        > CRs between the 'Sheets' to end up with
        >
        > Sheets Sheets of gold
        >
        > ?

        > Chris Lott <chris@...>

        coping and pasting the above into my gvim...

        3J
        works (three capital J)

      • Gary Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2012
          On 2012-02-02, Chris Lott wrote:
          > Given this:
          >
          > Sheets
          >
          > Sheets of gold
          >
          > Is there an efficient way to delete the intervening white space and
          > CRs between the 'Sheets' to end up with
          >
          > Sheets Sheets of gold
          >
          > ?

          Select a range that includes those lines and use

          See

          :help /\_s

          Regards,
          Gary