Re: compiling 7.3+ with the conceal option

  • Taylor Hedberg
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
      If I'm not mistaken, it's just `--enable-conceal`, without the `=yes`.
      The opposite is `--disable-conceal`, rather than `--enable-conceal=no`.
    • sc
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
        On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:00:10AM +0100, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
        > PS : shoud I use vim@... or vim_use@... ? The
        > the mails.

        take your pick -- they both go to the same list of ppl

      • Jean-Michel Pichavant
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
          Taylor Hedberg wrote:
          > If I'm not mistaken, it's just `--enable-conceal`, without the `=yes`.
          > The opposite is `--disable-conceal`, rather than `--enable-conceal=no`.

          I tried this one as well, without success.

          JM

        • Ben Fritz
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
            On Feb 1, 4:00 am, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic...@...>
            wrote:
            > Hi people,
            >
            > This is my first mail in this list, so I would like to thank all of you
            > in advance for the precious support.
            >
            > I ran into some minor issue with the conceal option in vim 7.3 (I'm
            > actually using the mercurial repository). Using configure before
            > compiling, the conceal option was disabled. I try to enable it using the
            > --enable-conceal=yes option, didn't succeed though. I tried aother
            > things, some more stupid than others. In the end I succeded by hacking
            > the generated mk file and adding myself the -DFEAT_CONCEAL.
            >
            > Anyone knows what I should have done right ?

            Unless there's a good reason for you not to do so, how about just
            compiling with BIG or HUGE features? Then you'll get conceal along
            with all the other "big" features. :he +feature-list

            I think you do this with something like:

            make FEATURES=BIG

          • Dominique Pellé
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
              Ben Fritz wrote:

              > On Feb 1, 4:00 am, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic...@...>
              > wrote:
              >> Hi people,
              >>
              >> This is my first mail in this list, so I would like to thank all of you
              >> in advance for the precious support.
              >>
              >> I ran into some minor issue with the conceal option in vim 7.3 (I'm
              >> actually using the mercurial repository). Using configure before
              >> compiling, the conceal option was disabled. I try to enable it using the
              >> --enable-conceal=yes option, didn't succeed though. I tried aother
              >> things, some more stupid than others. In the end I succeded by hacking
              >> the generated mk file and adding myself the -DFEAT_CONCEAL.
              >>
              >> Anyone knows what I should have done right ?
              >>

              > Unless there's a good reason for you not to do so, how about just
              > compiling with BIG or HUGE features? Then you'll get conceal along
              > with all the other "big" features. :he +feature-list
              >
              > I think you do this with something like:
              >
              > make FEATURES=BIG

              I don't think that works. I build Vim (huge) as follows:

              $ cd vim
              $ hg pull
              $ hg up
              $ ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-gui=gnome2
              $ make

              According to ":help +feature-list", the +conceal feature is
              enabled in Vim big (and thus also in Vim huge).

              -- Dominique

            • Jean-Michel Pichavant
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
                Dominique Pellé wrote:
                > Ben Fritz wrote:
                >

                >> On Feb 1, 4:00 am, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic...@...>
                >> wrote:
                >>
                >>> Hi people,
                >>>
                >>> This is my first mail in this list, so I would like to thank all of you
                >>> in advance for the precious support.
                >>>
                >>> I ran into some minor issue with the conceal option in vim 7.3 (I'm
                >>> actually using the mercurial repository). Using configure before
                >>> compiling, the conceal option was disabled. I try to enable it using the
                >>> --enable-conceal=yes option, didn't succeed though. I tried aother
                >>> things, some more stupid than others. In the end I succeded by hacking
                >>> the generated mk file and adding myself the -DFEAT_CONCEAL.
                >>>
                >>> Anyone knows what I should have done right ?
                >>>

                >> Unless there's a good reason for you not to do so, how about just
                >> compiling with BIG or HUGE features? Then you'll get conceal along
                >> with all the other "big" features. :he +feature-list
                >>
                >> I think you do this with something like:
                >>
                >> make FEATURES=BIG
                >>

                > I don't think that works. I build Vim (huge) as follows:
                >
                > $ cd vim
                > $ hg pull
                > $ hg up
                > $ ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-gui=gnome2
                > $ make
                >
                > According to ":help +feature-list", the +conceal feature is
                > enabled in Vim big (and thus also in Vim huge).
                >
                > -- Dominique

                Thank you guys.

                JM

              • Phil Dobbin

                • Ben Fritz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
                    On Feb 2, 2:03 pm, Dominique Pellé <dominique.pe...@...> wrote:

                    > > I think you do this with something like:
                    >
                    > > make FEATURES=BIG
                    >
                    > I don't think that works.

                    Works for me on Windows in MinGW.

                    > I build Vim (huge) as follows:
                    >
                    > $ cd vim
                    > $ hg pull
                    > $ hg up
                    > $ ./configure --with-features=huge --enable-gui=gnome2
                    > $ make

                    But my Ubuntu machine won't boot at the moment so I can't log in there
                    to look at my notes for building on Linux.

                    > According to ":help +feature-list", the +conceal feature is
                    > enabled in Vim big (and thus also in Vim huge).

                    Yes, I build with huge myself...but I know big also contains it, hence
                    my suggestion.