Re: Display messed up

  • Marco
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
      On 2012-01-31 Charles E Campbell Jr <drchip@...> wrote:

      > infocmp ${TERM} -- will display the terminal settings
      > for your current $TERM . You may wish to save the output
      > (ie. ... > ${TERM}.info) Then snoop on vim to see what
      > its issuing:
      >
      > script snoopy
      > vim somefile
      > :q
      > exit
      >
      > The "snoopy" file (pls be sure that you don't already
      > have such a file before doing this). Check that the
      > escape sequences work on your terminal as they're
      > supposed to.

      Using your instructions I get two files with approximately
      50 lines of codes, but I don't really have an idea how and
      what to check. I compared some sequences manually, they
      were all equal. But for instance some sequences (e.g.
      smso=\E[7m) are only found in the infocmp output.

      > I'm afraid you'll probably have to google the codes
      > (probably looking for ansi escape sequences will help).
      >
      > Alternatively, see if you can find a terminfo entry for
      > your ${TERM} via google and use infocmp to compare what
      > you have vs what the internet version has.

      Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to gather as much
      information as possible.

      Marco