Re: How to search a "path" string in a file?

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2012
      Hi Jerry!

      On Di, 31 Jan 2012, Jerry Dai wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have a file with a lot of path in it. I want to search
      > "/home/user/bin/session.log" without changing "/" to "\/".
      > How should I do it?

      You can at least use ? to search backwards, which does not care about /
      delimiting the pattern, or if you have at least a normal built, you can
      simply paste the pattern into the search register:
      :let @/='/home/user/bin/session.log'
      and press n.

      I should possibly put this into the faq.

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      Ungläubiger:
      In New York: Jemand, der nicht an die christliche Religion glaubt.

    • ji fei
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2012
        May be :s#/home/user/bin/session.log#& can do this.

        On 2012-01-31, Jerry Dai wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a file with a lot of path in it. I want to search "/home/user/bin/
        > session.log" without changing  "/" to "\/".
        > How should I do it?

        The easiest way is probably to begin a reverse search by typing '?'
        followed by your path.  If you want to change that to a forward
        search, simply type '/' and Enter.

        Regards,
        Gary

      • Jerry Dai