Re: Delay on opening new file

  • Alireza Haghdoost
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2012
      Thanks Charles

      I try vim -X and it runs smoothly. I think vim can not connect to my X server in a remote session. Thanks again for your prompt response.

      Alireza

      On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:36, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campbell@...> wrote:

      Several thoughts...

      * try  vim -u NONE somenewfile
        Is this faster?

      * try  vim -X somenewfile
        Is this faster?

      * I assume you've removed .viminfo

      * may we see your .vimrc (if its short)?   what o/s?

      * what is your backup directory?  :echo &bdir   (you may or may not have one).  If you do have one, is it on a "slow link"?

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell