Re: Slava

  • V. Kiria-Kaiserberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
      On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
      > On 23:18 Mon 02 Jan     , Vyacheslav Kiria-Kaiserberg wrote:
      >> Hi, my name is Slava and I am new to Vim, but experienced in Latex. I am
      >> having trouble installing vim-latex properly on MY PC (Windows 7). I
      >> downloaded vim-latex suite and tried to follow the instructions on
      >> Vim-Latex download
      >> page:http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/index.php?subject=download&title=Download
      >> <http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/index.php?subject=download&title=Download>
      >> with little success. Could someone, please, explain how exactly to make
      >> changes to _vimrc file?   Do I just copy and paste them in _vimrc file
      >> in any place i want or there is specific location i should put them in.
      >> Also, when I noticed that Vim does not allow to modify _vimrc file
      >> giving an error "readonly". Also, helptags ~/vimfiles/doc , the last
      >> step in the installation instructions did not work for me. Any help
      >> would be greatly appreciated.
      >>
      >> --
      >
      > You can place them in any place of your vimrc file. On startup vim reads this
      > file executing all the commands (from top to bottom).
      >
      > Do you have privilages to your vimrc file. And what if you open and set
      > noreadonly (":set noreadonly"). What was the error you got while using the
      > ":helptags" command?
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Marcin Szamotulski

      Hi, Marcin. Thank you very much for your response. I followed your
      suggestion about (":set noreadonly") and looks like it is working.
      When i enter ":helptags ~/vimfiles/doc" command (i also tried
      ":helptags vimfiles/doc") the error message is : "Not a directory".
      To give you an idea of my vimlatex files location: following the
      instructions on vimlatex website, i extracted the vimlatex folder into
      a folder called vimfiles. This vimlatex folder has the following long
      name: "vim-latex-1.8.23-20110214.1049-git089726a". There are other
      subfolders in vimfiles all of which(besides vim-latex one) are empty.
      I don't know if this info is relevant, but wanted to mention it just
      in case. Thank you again.
      S.