Re: Help with VIM syntax region regex please....

  • wombatvvv
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
      Actually, don't worry about.

      I went with a simpler solution that probably makes more sense anyway. (If,
      while, for, etc. block-headings are highlighted the same colours as their
      containing block, not a new one).

      * http://vicwebster.net/images/screen-code2.gif Screenshot here * if you're
      interested. As you can see, it works both with "one-line" if statements, as
      well as "block" if statements.

      BTW, I am making it for all C-style languages. It works for PHP and
      JavaScript and I can't see any reason it wouldn't work for C++,C, Java, etc.
      I guess it depends what you like. I showed it to some colleagues who didn't
      like it. But for me personally, I find it hugely more useful to have
      different levels of blocks & brackets highlighted than a variable or an
      operator (I can clearly see what they are no matter what colour they are!).

      ;)

      Thanks for your help.