Re: Vim persistent undo with sudoedit

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
      Hi rprabhu!

      On Di, 03 Jan 2012, rprabhu@... wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I use persistent undo feature of vim. However, I use sudoedit when
      > editing files as root. This breaks the persistent undo since it
      > relies on filenames. Is there a way around this ? I tried a few vim
      > plugins (like sudo.vim) which didn't seem to work for me.
      > I am using either of them because a few plugins (like neocomplcache)
      > complain that they won't run as sudo (which is right) since they
      > run a few things in background. So is there a way around this ?

      Try the SudoEditน plugin. That implements a workaround. But be sure to
      at least use a vim > 7.3.367

      น)http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2709

      regards,
      Christian

    • rprabhu@wnohang.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
        * On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 10:43:45PM +0100, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        >Hi rprabhu!
        >
        >On Di, 03 Jan 2012, rprabhu@... wrote:
        >
        >> Hi,

        >> I use persistent undo feature of vim. However, I use sudoedit when
        >> editing files as root. This breaks the persistent undo since it
        >> relies on filenames. Is there a way around this ? I tried a few vim
        >> plugins (like sudo.vim) which didn't seem to work for me.
        >> I am using either of them because a few plugins (like neocomplcache)
        >> complain that they won't run as sudo (which is right) since they
        >> run a few things in background. So is there a way around this ?
        >
        >Try the SudoEditน plugin. That implements a workaround. But be sure to
        >at least use a vim > 7.3.367
        >
        >น)http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2709
        >
        >regards,
        >Christian

        Hi,

        I had tried SudoEdit (after sudo.vim) some time back and not used it for one of
        the reasons. Now it is working fine. :)

        Thanks.
        Raghavendra
      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
          Hi rprabhu!

          On Di, 03 Jan 2012, rprabhu@... wrote:

          > * On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 10:43:45PM +0100, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
          > >Hi rprabhu!
          > >
          > >On Di, 03 Jan 2012, rprabhu@... wrote:
          > >
          > >>Hi,
          >
          > >>I use persistent undo feature of vim. However, I use sudoedit when
          > >>editing files as root. This breaks the persistent undo since it
          > >>relies on filenames. Is there a way around this ? I tried a few vim
          > >>plugins (like sudo.vim) which didn't seem to work for me.
          > >>I am using either of them because a few plugins (like neocomplcache)
          > >>complain that they won't run as sudo (which is right) since they
          > >>run a few things in background. So is there a way around this ?
          > >
          > >Try the SudoEditน plugin. That implements a workaround. But be sure to
          > >at least use a vim > 7.3.367
          > >
          > >น)http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2709
          > >
          > >regards,
          > >Christian
          >

          > Hi,
          >
          > I had tried SudoEdit (after sudo.vim) some time back and not used it
          > for one of the reasons. Now it is working fine. :)

          You really should give feedback to the author of a plugin, if you notice
          a problem with it.

          regards,
          Christian