Re: weird highlighting when i edit java code

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 30, 2011
      Rian Hunter wrote:

      > On Dec 29, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >
      > >> if !exists("java_allow_cpp_keywords")
      > >> syn keyword javaError auto delete extern friend inline redeclared
      > >> syn keyword javaError register signed sizeof struct template typedef union
      > >> syn keyword javaError unsigned operator
      > >> endif
      > >
      > > so the default is to have all those highlighted as error; define that variable (with any value) to remove that highlight.
      >
      > oh wow, would you look at that! so by default since
      > "java_allow_cpp_keywords" isn't defined it shows me false errors.

      Since there are many Java programmers now and much fewer C++
      programmers, let's remove this highlighting. It wasn't very helpful
      anyway, you can't write code that works both on Java and C++.
      And making mistakes is easily detected by the compiler.

      --
      There are three kinds of people: Those who can count & those who can't.