[Resolved] Hiding a string of text

  • Suresh Govindachar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2011
      Solution: To hide a certain string, I created the following syntax region:

      syn region footnote start="\\afootnote" end="}" conceal

      then split the buffer and did

      :setlocal conceallevel=3

      in one of the split windows. I then verified the conceallevel in _both_
      windows via ":verbose set conceallevel?"

      This resulted in the strings being concealed in one buffer but not in the
      other, as expected/desired.

      --Suresh