Re: F3 acting like 'g~w' with Filetype 'mail'

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2011
      On 02/12/11 15:01, Bastien Dejean wrote:
      > Bastien Dejean a écrit :
      >
      >> I just realized F1 and F2 also have a similar behavior:
      >> 'F1' seems to be '~', 'F2': '2~', and 'F3': '3~'... ?!
      >
      > When I look at:
      >
      > :h xterm-function-keys
      >
      > I see similar patterns.
      >
      > Any chances it might be related?
      >
      > Greetings,

      Could be. Check the values for <F1> <F2> etc. in the output of ":set
      termcap". If they match what you see by hitting (in Insert mode) Ctrl-V
      followed by the concerned F key (meaning that Vim knows what your
      terminal sends), try

      :set timeout timeoutlen=5000 ttimeoutlen=100

      where:
      - Both timeouts are in milliseconds
      - 'timeoutlen' should be longer than the time between successive keys of
      a multikey {lhs} for a mapping at your slowest typing speed
      - 'ttimeoutlen' should be shorter than the time between successive keys
      at your fastest typing speed but longer than the maximum possible time
      between successive bytes sent by the keyboard driver for a single key.

      The problem with engineers is that they tend to cheat in order to get
      results.

      The problem with mathematicians is that they tend to work on toy
      problems in order to get results.

      The problem with program verifiers is that they tend to cheat at toy
      problems in order to get results.

    • Bastien Dejean
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2011
        Taylor Hedberg a écrit :

        > Bastien Dejean, Fri 2011-12-02 @ 15:01:20+0100:
        > > Any chances it might be related?
        > I'd say that it's very likely, presuming that you're using the terminal
        > version of Vim, of course.

        Yes, I found the problem.

        I was running mutt with (and vim within mutt):

        TERM=screen mutt "$@"

        Because I had color problems and I followed mutt's FAQ:

        http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttFaq/Appearance

        (in “Why doesn't the background highlight colour show behind white space?”)

        Greetings,
        --
        Bastien