Re: suppress error?

  • Bee
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
      On Dec 1, 12:01 am, "Christian Brabandt" <cbli...@...> wrote:
      > On Thu, December 1, 2011 8:57 am, Bee wrote:
      > > This function and its friend PrevDQ() work.
      >
      > > If I am diffing goes to next change, or if doing helpgrep will go to
      > > the next.
      >
      > > When at the end of the helpgrep, it presents:
      > > Error detected while processing function NextDQ:
      > > line    4:
      > > E553: No more items
      > > Press ENTER or type command to continue
      >
      > > Can I suppress that message completely?
      >
      > >   function! NextDQ()
      > >     if &diff
      > >       normal! ]c
      > >     else
      > >       cn
      > >       if v:version >= 700
      > >         setlocal cursorline
      > >       endif
      > >     endif
      > >   endfun
      > >   nmap <F8> :call NextDQ()<cr>
      >
      > :h sil
      >
      > regards,
      > Christian

      Thank you Christian.
      Not quite what I was looking for.
      But this is:

      function! CurLin()
      if v:version >= 700 | setlocal cursorline
      else | normal! zz
      endif
      endfun

      function! PrevDQ() " Prev Diff or Quickfix
      if &diff
      normal! [c
      else
      try | cN
      catch | clast
      endtry | call CurLin()
      endif
      endfun
      nmap <silent> <F7> :call PrevDQ()<cr>

      function! NextDQ() " Next Diff or Quickfix
      if &diff
      normal! ]c
      else
      try | cn