Re: Split Saving

  • Karthick Gururaj
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
      On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:
      On 12/01/11 06:20, George Papanikolaou wrote:
      Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?

      You may be looking for either

       :help :mkview
       :h :loadview

      or more likely

       :h :mksession
       :h :source
       :h 'sessionoptions'

      I understood the question differently.. as to save contents of all split windows.. if that is the case,
      :windo w
      will work.

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
        On Dec 1, 6:33 am, Karthick Gururaj <karthick.guru...@...>
        wrote:
        > On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Tim Chase <v...@...> wrote:
        > > On 12/01/11 06:20, George Papanikolaou wrote:
        >
        > >> Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?
        >
        > > You may be looking for either
        >
        > >  :help :mkview
        > >  :h :loadview
        >
        > > or more likely
        >
        > >  :h :mksession
        > >  :h :source
        > >  :h 'sessionoptions'
        >
        > I understood the question differently.. as to save contents of all split
        > windows.. if that is the case,
        > :windo w
        > will work.

        Or, unless you have hidden buffers/windows in other tabs which you do
        not also want to save,

        :wa

        is faster to type.

      • BC
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
          On Dec 1, 11:56 am, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@...> wrote:

          > Or, unless you have hidden buffers/windows in other tabs which you do
          > not also want to save,
          >
          > :wa
          >
          > is faster to type.

          Now I'm laughing at myself because I never knew that :wa was a synonym
          for :wall
          I'm happy to save those two keystrokes. Thanks!