Re: Split Saving

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
      On 12/01/11 06:20, George Papanikolaou wrote:
      > Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?

      You may be looking for either

      :help :mkview
      :h :loadview

      or more likely

      :h :mksession
      :h :source
      :h 'sessionoptions'

      -tim

    • Karthick Gururaj
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
        On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:
        On 12/01/11 06:20, George Papanikolaou wrote:
        Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?

        You may be looking for either

         :help :mkview
         :h :loadview

        or more likely

         :h :mksession
         :h :source
         :h 'sessionoptions'

        I understood the question differently.. as to save contents of all split windows.. if that is the case,
        :windo w
        will work.

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
          On Dec 1, 6:33 am, Karthick Gururaj <karthick.guru...@...>
          wrote:
          > On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Tim Chase <v...@...> wrote:
          > > On 12/01/11 06:20, George Papanikolaou wrote:
          >
          > >> Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?
          >
          > > You may be looking for either
          >
          > >  :help :mkview
          > >  :h :loadview
          >
          > > or more likely
          >
          > >  :h :mksession
          > >  :h :source
          > >  :h 'sessionoptions'
          >
          > I understood the question differently.. as to save contents of all split
          > windows.. if that is the case,
          > :windo w
          > will work.

          Or, unless you have hidden buffers/windows in other tabs which you do
          not also want to save,

          :wa

          is faster to type.

        • BC
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
            On Dec 1, 11:56 am, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@...> wrote:

            > Or, unless you have hidden buffers/windows in other tabs which you do
            > not also want to save,
            >
            > :wa
            >
            > is faster to type.

            Now I'm laughing at myself because I never knew that :wa was a synonym
            for :wall
            I'm happy to save those two keystrokes. Thanks!