Split Saving

  • George Papanikolaou
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
      Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?

      George Papanikolaou
      g3orge.app@...

    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
        On 12/01/11 06:20, George Papanikolaou wrote:
        > Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?

        You may be looking for either

        :help :mkview
        :h :loadview

        or more likely

        :h :mksession
        :h :source
        :h 'sessionoptions'

        -tim

      • Karthick Gururaj
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
          On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:
          On 12/01/11 06:20, George Papanikolaou wrote:
          Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?

          You may be looking for either

           :help :mkview
           :h :loadview

          or more likely

           :h :mksession
           :h :source
           :h 'sessionoptions'

          I understood the question differently.. as to save contents of all split windows.. if that is the case,
          :windo w
          will work.

        • Ben Fritz
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
            On Dec 1, 6:33 am, Karthick Gururaj <karthick.guru...@...>
            wrote:
            > On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Tim Chase <v...@...> wrote:
            > > On 12/01/11 06:20, George Papanikolaou wrote:
            >
            > >> Is there any way I can save all the splits with one command?
            >
            > > You may be looking for either
            >
            > >  :help :mkview
            > >  :h :loadview
            >
            > > or more likely
            >
            > >  :h :mksession
            > >  :h :source
            > >  :h 'sessionoptions'
            >
            > I understood the question differently.. as to save contents of all split
            > windows.. if that is the case,
            > :windo w
            > will work.

            Or, unless you have hidden buffers/windows in other tabs which you do
            not also want to save,

            :wa

            is faster to type.

          • BC
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
              On Dec 1, 11:56 am, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@...> wrote:

              > Or, unless you have hidden buffers/windows in other tabs which you do
              > not also want to save,
              >
              > :wa
              >
              > is faster to type.

              Now I'm laughing at myself because I never knew that :wa was a synonym
              for :wall
              I'm happy to save those two keystrokes. Thanks!