Re: suppress error?

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
      On Thu, December 1, 2011 8:57 am, Bee wrote:
      > This function and its friend PrevDQ() work.
      >
      > If I am diffing goes to next change, or if doing helpgrep will go to
      > the next.
      >
      > When at the end of the helpgrep, it presents:
      > Error detected while processing function NextDQ:
      > line 4:
      > E553: No more items
      > Press ENTER or type command to continue
      >
      > Can I suppress that message completely?
      >
      > function! NextDQ()
      > if &diff
      > normal! ]c
      > else
      > cn
      > if v:version >= 700
      > setlocal cursorline
      > endif
      > endif
      > endfun
      > nmap <F8> :call NextDQ()<cr>

      :h sil

      regards,
      Christian

    • Bee
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
        On Dec 1, 12:01 am, "Christian Brabandt" <cbli...@...> wrote:
        > On Thu, December 1, 2011 8:57 am, Bee wrote:
        > > This function and its friend PrevDQ() work.
        >
        > > If I am diffing goes to next change, or if doing helpgrep will go to
        > > the next.
        >
        > > When at the end of the helpgrep, it presents:
        > > Error detected while processing function NextDQ:
        > > line    4:
        > > E553: No more items
        > > Press ENTER or type command to continue
        >
        > > Can I suppress that message completely?
        >
        > >   function! NextDQ()
        > >     if &diff
        > >       normal! ]c
        > >     else
        > >       cn
        > >       if v:version >= 700
        > >         setlocal cursorline
        > >       endif
        > >     endif
        > >   endfun
        > >   nmap <F8> :call NextDQ()<cr>
        >
        > :h sil
        >
        > regards,
        > Christian

        Thank you Christian.
        Not quite what I was looking for.
        But this is:

        function! CurLin()
        if v:version >= 700 | setlocal cursorline
        else | normal! zz
        endif
        endfun

        function! PrevDQ() " Prev Diff or Quickfix
        if &diff
        normal! [c
        else
        try | cN
        catch | clast
        endtry | call CurLin()
        endif
        endfun
        nmap <silent> <F7> :call PrevDQ()<cr>

        function! NextDQ() " Next Diff or Quickfix
        if &diff
        normal! ]c
        else
        try | cn