Re: bubblegum -- a vim color scheme based on xoria256

  • Taylor Hedberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2011
      Chris Lott, Tue 2011-11-29 @ 13:58:17-0900:
      > It doesn't work for me either... my background stays light. If I
      > manually set it to black, much of the text and vim separator between
      > windows (and cursor) don't show up. I'm a newbie, so maybe I'm missing
      > something more than :colorscheme bubblegum

      It's a 256-color terminal color scheme, so it probably doesn't work in
      Gvim. That may be your problem.

      It works fine for me in terminal Vim, but I'm not personally a fan of
      the extremely low contrast between colors.
    • Rich Healey
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2011
        It looks nice in a 256color terminal for me, although i don't think I'd use it for coding.

        It is well.. retina scorching in gvim though.

      • Bastien Dejean
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2011
          Taylor Hedberg a écrit :

          > Chris Lott, Tue 2011-11-29 @ 13:58:17-0900:
          > > It doesn't work for me either... my background stays light. If I
          > > manually set it to black, much of the text and vim separator between
          > > windows (and cursor) don't show up. I'm a newbie, so maybe I'm missing
          > > something more than :colorscheme bubblegum
          >
          > It's a 256-color terminal color scheme, so it probably doesn't work in
          > Gvim. That may be your problem.

          I just made a *gui compatible* version:

          https://github.com/baskerville/bubblegum/tree/master/gvim

          (It is the output of a python script I wrote and I'm not using gvim.)

          Greetings,
          --
          Bastien