Re: Mapping Problem. Down key have a slow response time.

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2011
      On 03/11/11 06:47, ozhan fenerci wrote:
      > Dear List,
      >
      > I have remapped "up-down-right-left" keyboard keys. It is like
      >
      > Vim Mappings My Mappings
      > ----------------------------
      > h-move leftk
      > j-move downb
      > k-move upn
      > l-move rightl
      >

      > I have remapped these keys in the .vimrc file to work in insert mode and
      > control mode.
      >
      > "Normal Mode
      > noremap h b
      > noremap j n
      > " noremap l l
      > noremap n k
      > noremap b j
      > noremap k h
      > "Insert Mode
      > imap <C-space> <esc>
      > imap <C-l> <right>
      > imap <C-k> <left>
      > imap <C-n> <up>
      > imap <C-b> <down>
      >
      > It works but in Insert mode "<C-b><down>" has a slow response time from
      > other mappings. It is not as fast as other mappings. I wonder what I am
      > doing wrong.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ozhan

      Not sure.

      The following may or may not help you, it probably won't hinder you:

      :set timeout timeoutlen=5000 ttimeoutlen=100

      where:
      - the times are in milliseconds
      - ttimeoutlen should be shorter than the time between two keypresses at
      your fastest typing speed but longer than the time between successive
      bytes sent by the keyboard driver for a multibyte keycode (such as most
      non-printing keys)
      - timeoutlen should be longer than the time between the successive
      keypresses in the {lhs} of a mapping (if you have mappings with a
      multikey {lhs}) at your slowest typing speed, but still not too slow so
      you can wait for a mapping to time out if you do _not_ want to trigger it.

      See:
      :help 'timeout'
      :help 'timeoutlen'

      The Heineken Uncertainty Principle:
      You can never be sure how many beers you had last night.