Re: syntax highligting for more than one language simultaneously

  • Elias Diem
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 09:25:48AM +0100, Eric Smith wrote:

      > I am sorry if this has been around before, but how may I have
      > highlighting of two languages at the same time.

      I think you are looking for this

      :help :syn-include

      Elias

    • György Kiss
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
        If you set the filetype to another type with a dot, vim will syntax highlight both types ex.:
        :set ft=php.html

        See :h 'ft'

        Walkman
        Sent from my iPhone

        On 2011.11.01., at 9:45, Elias Diem <pub.linux@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 09:25:48AM +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
        >
        >> I am sorry if this has been around before, but how may I have
        >> highlighting of two languages at the same time.
        >
        > I think you are looking for this
        >
        > :help :syn-include
        >
        > Elias

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
          On Tue, November 1, 2011 1:34 pm, György Kiss wrote:
          > If you set the filetype to another type with a dot, vim will syntax
          > highlight both types ex.:
          > :set ft=php.html
          >
          > See :h 'ft'

          Only, if the second syntax files is prepared for that kind of thing,
          otherwise it won't load (as described in :h 'syntax') and you should
          really use the 'syntax' option and not the 'ft' option, but this
          depends on your specific needs.

          There is however a workaround, that has been documented in the help
          (with revision 887d6d91882e) for using embedded awk code within a
          shell script. See :h sh-awk (works only with a recent enough version
          of your runtime files).

          regards,
          Christian

        • Ben Fritz
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
            On Nov 1, 3:45 am, Elias Diem <pub.li...@...> wrote:
            > On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 09:25:48AM +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
            > > I am sorry if this has been around before, but how may I have
            > > highlighting of two languages at the same time.
            >
            > I think you are looking for this
            >
            > :help :syn-include

            Probably. Also see:

            http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Different_syntax_highlighting_within_regions_of_a_file