Re: executing SHFT J on certain lines of a visual selection

  • Taylor Hedberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2011
      meino.cramer@..., Mon 2011-10-03 @ 19:17:20+0200:
      > Both commands do nothing here...what did I wrong?

      I really don't know. I tried both on the example text you provided and
      they worked for me.

      Do you have a command line mapping or abbreviation that could be
      interfering with the command (shot in the dark, I know).

    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2011
        On 10/03/11 12:17, meino.cramer@... wrote:
        > Hi Taylor, hi Tim,
        >
        > Both commands do nothing here...what did I wrong?

        Does your data look like the sample data you provided? :)

        Are you seeing visual artifacts of having 'wrap' set and the
        lines in question don't really have newlines? When you say they
        do nothing, do you mean "nothing at all", or do you get an E486:
        "Pattern not found" or a "Pattern found on every line" response?

        -tim