Re: Netrw ErrorMsg is undefined

  • Charles E Campbell Jr
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1 8:43 AM
      François Ingelrest wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > After updating my netrw plugin (v143), I now get this error the first
      > time I do :Explore in a Vim session:
      >
      > Error detected while processing /home/ingelres/.vim/autoload/netrw.vim:
      > line 164:
      > E117: Unknown function: netrw#ErrorMsg
      >
      > This did not happen with v141d, but I think this happened as well with
      > v142. Am I the only one getting this?

      The latest version of netrw is v143, and netrw#ErrorMsg is at line#8056
      in autoload/netrw.vim. I can't duplicate the problem; so please look
      into :help netrw-debug for a way to proceed.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

    • François Ingelrest
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1 10:22 AM
        On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 17:43, Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
        > The latest version of netrw is v143, and netrw#ErrorMsg is at line#8056 in
        > autoload/netrw.vim.  I can't duplicate the problem; so please look into
        >  :help netrw-debug  for a way to proceed.

        After a bit of debugging, I found that this is caused by the following
        line in my .vimrc:

        let g:netrw_cursorline=1

        If I comment this line, the error disappears.