Re: Outline in MacVim

  • Vlad Irnov
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 28, 2011
      On Sep 28, 11:32 am, George Papanikolaou <g3orge....@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > is there any way to make vim work like an outline application (like OmniOutliner)??
      > I don't know. A command to enable and one to disable the feature.
      >
      > Thank you in advance

      I've created wiki page with a list of plugins for outlining:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Scripts_for_Outlining?useskin=monobook
      Hope this helps.

    • Francesc Salvat-Pujol
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 28, 2011
        On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM, g3orge pap <g3orge.app@...> wrote:
        I didn't really manage to do that.
        The video's quality is poor, and I could make the install.sh script to
        run
        Also the manual installation, didn't worked as well.
        Any thoughts?

        On Sep 28, 7:06 pm, Walkman_ <w2lk...@...> wrote:
        > There is a plugin called "vimoutliner". It's great, I use it every day.
        > Here you can find it:https://github.com/vimoutliner/vimoutliner.git
        > Here is a long video of what it can do and how to use:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8810772602188234059
        >
        > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:32 PM, George Papanikolaou
        > <g3orge....@...>wrote:
        >
        > > Hi,
        > > is there any way to make vim work like an outline application (like
        > > OmniOutliner)??
        > > I don't know. A command to enable and one to disable the feature.
        >
        > > Thank you in advance
        >
        > > --
        > > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        >
        > --
        > Walkman

        What was the problem with the install script? I recall obtaining an error which was solved by renaming the function "sure?" (no "")  to "sure_".  Then everything worked.

        HTH

        Cesc

      • George Papanikolaou
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2011
          yup.
          that was it, it worked. I "think" it's installed now.
          and I say that because I don't know how to trigger it.
          the ",,cb" command does nothing. What's wrong? Does it need activate or something inside a file?

          Thank you for your help

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2011
            On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 3:40 PM, George Papanikolaou <g3orge.app@...> wrote:
            yup.
            that was it, it worked. I "think" it's installed now.
            and I say that because I don't know how to trigger it.
            the ",,cb" command does nothing. What's wrong? Does it need activate or something inside a file?

            Thank you for your help

            On [29], at 9:53 AM, Francesc Salvat-Pujol wrote:

            On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM, g3orge pap <g3orge.app@...> wrote:
            I didn't really manage to do that.
            The video's quality is poor, and I could make the install.sh script to
            run
            Also the manual installation, didn't worked as well.
            Any thoughts?

            On Sep 28, 7:06 pm, Walkman_ <w2lk...@...> wrote:
            > There is a plugin called "vimoutliner". It's great, I use it every day.
            > Here you can find it:https://github.com/vimoutliner/vimoutliner.git
            > Here is a long video of what it can do and how to use:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8810772602188234059
            >
            > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:32 PM, George Papanikolaou
            > <g3orge....@...>wrote:
            >
            > > Hi,
            > > is there any way to make vim work like an outline application (like
            > > OmniOutliner)??
            > > I don't know. A command to enable and one to disable the feature.
            >
            > > Thank you in advance
            >
            > > --
            > > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php
            >
            > --
            > Walkman

            What was the problem with the install script? I recall obtaining an error which was solved by renaming the function "sure?" (no "")  to "sure_".  Then everything worked.

            HTH

            Cesc

            Try:    vim caca.otl

            Then edit a few lines with different levels of tab indentations. Try the ,,cb and you should get checkboxes at the beginning of the line. BTW, have you found any documentation aside from the video and :h vo ? I was wondering if there is a way of having an (automatically) numbered list or so, so that when you enter

            1. First thing

            and hit return, a line with

            2.

            appears.