Re: Debugger Problem

  • Andy Wokula
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2011
      Am 12.08.2011 18:14, schrieb Stephen Prater:
      > I'm trying to debug a vimscript. Alright, I'm trying to debug ANY
      > vimscript.
      >
      > I can run
      > debug call MyFunction()
      > or
      > debug :MyCommand
      >
      > And the next line that I see is always
      > line 1: let cmd=getcmdline()
      >
      > No matter what commands I enter this is all I ever see. I cannot
      > continue, I cannot next. In fact, in order to get out of the
      > debugger, I generally have to quit Vim and restart it.
      >
      > Clearly I am doing something horribly, horribly wrong, but I have no
      > idea what. Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Looks like the Enter-key has been remapped for Cmdline mode (you can
      check with
      :cmap <CR>
      ), and the right-hand-side contains some Ex-commands.

      Now when pressing Enter while debugging, you will get into recursion,
      because debug mode also tries to debug "Enter" itself.

      Usually what works in that case is to press CTRL-J instead.
      (if this is too hard to remember, just do
      :cunmap <CR>|cunmap <buffer> <CR>
      beforehand :-)

      --
      Andy