Re: VimConf

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
      On 08/30/11 10:08, Joey Beninghove wrote:
      > Also, it's still very early, but I'll definitely need some
      > presenters lined up, so let me know if you're interested in
      > giving an online teaching session for VimConf.

      While I acknowledge it's still early, it might be helpful to know
      what sorts of expectations exist for participating (whether as a
      presenter or as a participant), e.g.

      - whether one can present/participate purely via audio, or
      whether video is expected; and whether any video would be of the
      presenter or of slides (or both)

      - the supported participation platforms: Vim users are likely to
      have a more diverse set of platforms (I'm a Debian & Ubuntu
      GNU/Linux user for the most part)

      - time-lengths for presentations (5-min "lightning talks" vs.
      30-60min full-length)

      - are there plans for parallel tracks, or just a sequential
      number of presentations (which I'd prefer over parallel tracks)

      If reasonably feasible, I'd be glad to present on any number of
      topics in my bailiwick (there was a request on FB for top VimGolf
      scorers to dissect select solutions; and I tend to reach for Ex
      solutions rather than scripting).

      -tim

    • Martin Jernberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011