Re: Installing on OSX 10.4.7

  • David Sanson
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
      Three thoughts:

      1.  You might try asking on vim_mac to see if anyone there has advice.

      2.  Install [XCode 2.5][]. That should include a CLI-only vim binary, as
          well as things like basename, python, perl, etc. (You will need a
          free apple developer account to download.) On OS X, you need to
          install XCode in order to get a full set of standard \*nix tools.

      3.  If you want a gui, I would recommend the legacy download of
          [MacVim][] rather than the builds from macvim.org. But I suspect that
          depends on XCode too.

      On the difference between MacVim and macvim.org, from the MacVim
      website:

      > MacVim is in no way connected with http://macvim.org. That site
      > is no longer being maintained and only provides outdated binaries of
      > the old Carbon port of Vim.

      David

      [XCode 2.5]: https://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=19907
      [MacVim]: http://code.google.com/p/macvim/#Legacy_Mac_OS_X_downloads