Re: Spell checking: wrong suggestions ending with 0

  • Dominique Pellé
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2011
      Bastien Dejean wrote:

      > Dominique Pellé a écrit :
      >
      >> Bastien Dejean wrote:
      >> > Most of the times, the suggested correction for 'someword' (which is spelled
      >> > correctly) is 'someword0'.
      >> Or did you perhaps build the spell file yourself?
      >
      > Yes, if I think I did (I didn't know at the time vim could download the
      > required files).
      >
      > So I moved the ~/.vim/spell somewhere else and I let vim download the
      > two files.
      >
      > And voilà, problem solved!

      Good. If you built it yourself, the problem probably happened
      because most recent French Hunspell dictionaries use features
      not supported by Vim. It's a pity pity because the French dictionary
      in Vim is getting old and the Hunspell French dictionary has improved
      quite a lot thanks to the dicollecte site (http://www.dicollecte.org)
      and Vim can't process it.

      I think it was James Vega who mentioned the possibility of adding
      support to Enchant lib in Vim (http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/)
      It would let Vim support Hunspell dictionary natively as well as other
      kinds of dictionaries. That would be a great addition to Vim-7.4.
      Until this happens, it is possible to use Enchant with a Vim plugin:

      Regards
      -- Dominique