Re: gvim question: buffers menu, avoid alphabetical grouping

  • John Little
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2011
      > Is there any trick to either disable the grouping or to auto-discard the
      > least recently used buffers, such, that grouping will never happen.

      This stuff is coded in $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim. Take a good look at
      that. For your purposes I suggest setting no_buffers_menu in
      your .vimrc:

      let no_buffers_menu = 1

      to suppress menu.vim's buffers menu, and writing your own invoked from
      a VimEnter event the way menu.vim does. You don't want to modify
      $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim, updates may overwrite it. I maintain my own
      version of menu.vim in ~/.vim and that's a nuisance you don't need for
      your own buffers menu.

      Regards, John