vim statuline

  • sinbad
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
      i am using ctags.vim to display the function as statusline.
      but function is never displayed in the status line. i debuged
      the script, it seems to be correctly set the titlestring.
      but title is not displayed. t_ts option is empty. should i
      set this to something meaningful. btw, i run vim in a gnuscreen.

      thanks

    • sinbad
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
        On Aug 2, 3:21 pm, sinbad <sinbad.sin...@...> wrote:
        > i am using ctags.vim to display the function as statusline.
        > but function is never displayed in the status line. i debuged
        > the script, it seems to be correctly set the titlestring.
        > but title is not displayed. t_ts option is empty. should i
        > set this to something meaningful. btw, i run vim in a gnuscreen.
        >
        > thanks

        hi i got it working. but, i have one more question though.

        currently this is the titlestring in the script. and title_tag_name is
        c tag name.

        let &titlestring='%t%( %M%)%( (%{expand("%:~:.:h")})%)%( %a%)
        %='.s:title_tag_name

        with this, the status line is as follows. SetTagDisplay is the
        tagname, it is coming in the end of the status line.

        ctags.vim
        SetTagDisplay 343,1 Bot

        i want the tagname to be the first in the status line. as follows.

        SetTagDisplay
        ctags.vim
        343,1 Bot

        i played with the options, but it's not working. please help.

        thanks

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
          On 02/08/11 13:12, sinbad wrote:
          > On Aug 2, 3:21 pm, sinbad<sinbad.sin...@...> wrote:
          >> i am using ctags.vim to display the function as statusline.
          >> but function is never displayed in the status line. i debuged
          >> the script, it seems to be correctly set the titlestring.
          >> but title is not displayed. t_ts option is empty. should i
          >> set this to something meaningful. btw, i run vim in a gnuscreen.
          >>
          >> thanks
          >
          > hi i got it working. but, i have one more question though.
          >
          > currently this is the titlestring in the script. and title_tag_name is
          > c tag name.
          >
          > let&titlestring='%t%( %M%)%( (%{expand("%:~:.:h")})%)%( %a%)
          > %='.s:title_tag_name
          >
          > with this, the status line is as follows. SetTagDisplay is the
          > tagname, it is coming in the end of the status line.
          >
          > ctags.vim
          > SetTagDisplay 343,1 Bot
          >
          > i want the tagname to be the first in the status line. as follows.
          >
          > SetTagDisplay
          > ctags.vim
          > 343,1 Bot
          >
          > i played with the options, but it's not working. please help.
          >
          > thanks

          The order of results in a custom status line is the same as the order of
          the % fields in your 'statusline' setting. 'titlestring', when supported
          (and not all Vim versions support it) is the single title in the
          titlebar at the top of the Vim screen, not the status line at the bottom
          of every split window; but the same applies (the leftmost % field in the
          setting appears leftmost on the title).

          As said under ":help 'titlestring'", setting the title (at top of the
          screen) is supported only in gvim, in the W32 and Amiga console
          versions, and in console versions where t_ts is *not* empty. If t_ts is
          empty (in a console version other than Windows or Amiga), then setting
          the title is simply not supported by that Vim version on that terminal.
          Setting a custom status line (at bottom of every split window) or a
          custom ruler (at the bottom of the last window if it has no status line)
          requires a Vim version compiled with the +statusline feature (as shown
          in the top half of the output of :version, or by a nonzero reply when
          asked ":echo has('statusline')" with the single quotes but without the
          double ones)

          See ":help 'statusline'" (with the single quotes but without the double
          ones) for a description of % fields applicable not only to the
          'statusline' option but also to 'titlestring', 'tabline', 'guitablabel',
          'guitabtooltip' and 'rulerformat' (and maybe others of which I'm not aware).

          149. You find your computer sexier than your girlfriend