Vim Spelling dictionary (OED)

  • Nicholas Cole
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      Dear List,

      I'd like to generate and use a British English dictionary using OED
      spellings (which are different from the usual en_gb spellings, but
      essential for some academic work).

      I've tried doing the following:

      There is a source list at http://en-gb.pyxidium.co.uk/dictionary/OOo.php

      I've tried taking both the wordlist and the en_GB-oed.aff file
      provided there and running them through the command:

      mkspell! ~/.vim/oed ~/Downloads/en-GB-oed-wlist.txt

      But in both cases, although mkspell seems to run correctly, if I set
      spelllang to oed, all words are marked as incorrect.

      Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

      Best wishes,

      Nicholas

    • Nicholas Cole
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
        On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Nicholas Cole <nicholas.cole@...> wrote:
        > mkspell! ~/.vim/oed ~/Downloads/en-GB-oed-wlist.txt

        Gah. I got the path wrong! It should have been ~/.vim/spell/oed

        It's the simple errors that catch you out, sometimes.