Re: Moving between Java methods

  • Russell Bateman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2011
      So there is and it works great. Problem solved. Thanks!

      Russ

      On 27-Jul-11 16:25, David Lam wrote:
      On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Russell Bateman <russ@...> wrote:
      A long-time vi, then Vim user, I was also a long-time C/assembly guy.

      For the last several years, I've been using Eclipse and Vim to edit
      Java files. However belatedly I make this request, I would finally
      want to know how to modify .vimrc to allow me to move between Java
      methods just as I used to between C functions, i.e.: ]] or [[.

      The reason this doesn't work "as is" of course is because Java code
      does not traditionally tolerate methods justified to column 1 as we
      ordinarily do in C.

      Could someone send me the Vim "macro" for this?

      There's a key built-in!    :h ]m

      Thanks,

      Russ Bateman